I know, this is a long one, I don't care if anyone reads it, I am mostly just venting frustration. If you ever buy a car from Mazda, you can certainly expect very poor service if you ever need to bring it in.
About a year after we bought our car we had to bring it in to the Orem Mazda for a check-engine light issue and we literaly had to go back 15 times until the problem was actually fixed. And our most recent issue I think has been the most frustrating.
We brought the car in to the Murray dealer to get a part replaced which they said wouldn't take very long, a day at the longest. So we just had them keep it there so they could get it done, they never called us with any updates so after a while I called and was told it was going to take a bit longer. After what seemed like a week, they called us and said they ended up having to do a lot more work which was all covered under warranty, but the car would be ready the next day. So the next day we drove to Murray to pick up the car, and when we got home we noticed the car was leaking huge amounts of oil. We had Jared's dad look at it to see if we could determine what was causing the leak, and they found a couple of loose bolts and a loose wire that wasn't plugged in to anything, so we knew we would have to take it back for them to fix again.
The annoying thing is that Murray is maybe an hour and a half round-trip and every time we drive there we have to have two people driving separate cars. So Jared's mom, Teresa, drove with me to drop off the car on Wednesday morning, I told them about the leak and the other issues and they said it would take a couple of hours, I told them I would be back at 5:30 to pick it up. Teresa then drove me home and the day went by, Jared had to get off work early so we could make it to the dealer by 5:30.
We get to the dealer and I go to the service desk and ask for our car, "Oh didn't you get my message? We couldn't see an oil leak so we put some dye in the oil and wanted to let it sit over-night." Apparently they had called Jared WHILE WE WERE DRIVING TO MURRAY, to say they wanted to keep it over-night, When they had the car all day for a job that was only supposed to take a couple of hours and they wait to call us while we are on our way to pick up the car.
I didn't want our trip to be a waist of time and money so I asked if we could just take our car and take it to the Orem Mazda since it was closer. They said that would be fine so we took our car and went home. Jared looked at the car when we got home and found that the only thing they did was plug in the loose wire. THEY HAD THE CAR ALL DAY!
Sooo, Teresa drove with me the next morning to the Orem Mazda. I told them the issues and went home. A while after we were home Teresa called saying Murray Mazda had called her about some things and was trying to contact Jared. Jared called them back and was told that Orem Mazda was doing everything wrong and they needed his permission for them to drive the car to the Murray Mazda for repair. What...a...joke. Jared didn't trust them with the car, so Teresa was kind enough to drive me back to Orem to pick up the car and Jared was then going to meet me on the freeway so we could both go to Murray to drop it off.
When I picked up the car in Orem they at least acknowledged the car WAS leaking huge amounts of oil and thought they found the problem but said they would have to take out the whole engine to fix it, which Murray said was wrong. So we took it back to Murray.
Then around 4 the same day, since I hadn't gotten any update, I called them to see how things were going, they said they were doing a dye test right then and would call me back in a few min. 30 min later and no call, I called back again, they said they think they fixed it but would like to keep it over night to make sure. I said fine, and then he kept mentioning that this is why they wanted to keep it over-night in the first place and made it seem like it was my fault that all this time had been waisted. I can't believe these guys, anyway, after dropping off the car to Murray again, waisting lots of gas and Jared taking off many hours of work, we are now waiting to hear back from them and hoping that our car is finally fixed. And once we get it back we are putting it up for sale. Not because of the issues with the car itself, but because I don't want to take anymore crap from Mazda. I'm am so sick of it and will never buy another Mazda again.